To ensure my success in the Center for Access and Postsecondary Success (CAPS) Summer Program and as a first-year student at UConn, I understand that I will do the following:
- Fully participate in five weeks of in-person classes and activities through the campus of acceptance during the summer of 2024 as a student in the CAPS Summer Program, held June 23 through July 26, 2024.
- Abide by all CAPS rules, regulations, and the University's Student Code of Conduct. I understand that failure to adhere to these rules may result in dismissal from the University.
- Attend all classes and complete all assignments on time.
- Meet with the CAPS professional staff on a weekly basis during both the Summer Program and the subsequent academic year.
- Seek tutorial assistance when recommended or as needed and meet with my assigned tutor as directed.
- Enroll in up to eight (8) academic credits during the Summer Program. If I receive a grade lower than a "C" for any course offered during the Summer Program, I will not earn credit for that course. I will take a comparable course during the following fall semester as part of the University requirement.
- Enroll in a CAPS First Year Experience (FYE) course during the fall semester.
I understand that my admission to the University of Connecticut requires that I attend and complete the CAPS Summer Program. Furthermore, I understand that if I do not comply with the above, I will NOT be admitted to the University.